Monday, September 28, 2009

Sheesh talk about a hectic last two days...
Last night I worked from 11-8 in the store as a manager, which means I got to wear my white shirt and nifty blue tie that I absolutely love. After I got off, I went directly home, to eat, sleep, and then come back in at 4 AM. It was pretty rough, but I had set myself up for an easy open, so that made things nice. I was really happy to be done with book-keeping in 2 hours and 25 minutes, my fastest yet! I was cruising!
I totally was not feeling inspired enough to head to my 3.5 hour art class, so I e-mailed my professor and told him I wasn't feeling well. Thanks swine flu? I feel only a little guilty for lying to him, but not really, he's honestly quite a terrible instructor. I really hope that he learns how to teach an art class better in the future.
I will have to be ready for my art critique on Wednesday, but we really do not have ANYTHING to show for ourselves, so I'm wondering how that will turn out...
I'm having some issues with people at work. Megan has become most unbearable lately. She's so on and off, and very short fused. I really do like working with her, but she's hurt my feelings quite a bit the last few days. Let me quote a note I've received from her:
Nate,
On a more positive note, I do appreciate all your hard work. I know you strive to do your best. Just don't let everyone make you
feel like you have to be me. Be yourself - be the booth clerk I know you can be- get your spark back. Be a great backup, ignore all extra stuff.

It's almost a nice letter, but it's very bittersweet at the same time. I sort of appreciate it, but I feel like it's mostly an attempt to manipulate and back-pad her own ego. It hurts my feelings, and I don't appreciate it one bit.
I'm so tired, I can't believe I'm still up. I'm going to lay down and listen to some Plumb, I'm totally in love with her music as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment